Thank you for stopping by our new blog for The Beauty Suite. I want to try and keep it as interesting as possible for you, aswell as keeping you up to date on all the latest news from The Beauty Suite.
Our topic this evening is entirely based on my own makeup bag and what products I love to use on my skin to achieve a flawless skin finish. I am asked everyday in work by clients, what foundation I use? or what foundation would I recommend? I am always experimenting with different brands so my answer is always different!
So here is a peek at what's in my makeup bag at the moment
Foundations I'm loving at the minute are:
YSL LE TEINT TOUCHE ECLATE & MAC FACE & BODY
I came across YSL when a client of mine was having her regular Hd Brows Treatment with me. I noticed her skin was glowing and much fresher than normal, so when I asked her what was her secret, she revealed she had just purchased the YSL Touche eclate foundation. I was on the case immediately and headed into Brown Thomas that weekend and picked up 2 shades, B50 & BD50. I have been using it since and I love the creamy dewy effect it gives plus coverage without being caked! And I have converted lots of my clients since too! The only downfall to this beautiful foundation is that its in a glass bottle, so don't drop it! Also I cant cut it to squeeze the last tiny bit out:(!!
My other fav foundation is MAC Face & Body (c3 & c5 are my shades). I love this because its more of a light fluid and great for a natural day time look. If I want more coverage from it I build it up to the finish I desire. Everyone admires it. I don't think I have wore this one day without someone commenting on how bright and glowing my skin looks! My savior for holidays and that natural day time look. And plus I love the squeezy bottle, if you drop it, its going no where, since I drop nearly everything!!!
To finish I always apply MAC MEDIUM/DARK Mineralize skinfinish powder over any foundation I wear. Just a light dusting gives a brilliant finish to any foundation and really sets my foundation too.
Contour & Highlighters
MAC Soft & Gentle
Its a luxurious velvet-soft powder with a high frost metallic finish. Its the perfect highlighter, to give a reflective sheen with noticeable warmth and shimmer. I love it and couldn't be without it in my makeup bag. I usually apply a little to the T-zone and from the centre of my brow gliding it around to my cheek bone.
MAC Gold Deposit
It's a soft reflective golden bronze. It is a warm orange copper tone with a golden copper sparkle and shimmer. Its very pigmented so less is more, but I love the golden finish this leaves on my skin. Its perfect for illuminating your collar and shoulder bones on a night out too
Benefit Sun Beam
I sometimes dot sunbeam under my foundation for a warm sunkissed glow. This golden bronze highlighter gives a natural looking radiance. I sometimes use it on my cheeks too or under my brow bone. I love the creamy texture and it blends really well. My little bottle of sunshine:)
MAC Mineralize Concealers (NW15 & NW40)
I really love these at the moment for highlighting and contouring. These are creamy, easy to blend concealers. They give medium coverage with a natural luminous finish. Days I want to skip wearing a full foundation look I pop on these guys blend in with a small foundation brush, dust on some mineralize powder and I'm good to go. The consistency is like a tiny foundation which is why I use it when I don't feel like wearing a full face of foundation. Its great for covering redness and spots too
MAC POWDER & PRO LONG WEAR BLUSH
Margin powder blush is one of my all time favourites, it is a 'peach with a golden shimmer' with a frost finish. Its my favourite and I know it will be always!! No matter what beautiful blushes I discover I always come back to Margin!
MAC DAME POWDER BLUSH
It doesn't look all to unique at first glance but I like Dame for a day time makeup. Mac describe Dame as 'sophisticated blue-pink with a satin finish'. It's very cool toned blush, I personally like cool toned colours as I feel they add freshness to my skin.
MAC STAY PRETTY PRO LONG WEAR
This blusher formula is an ultra-fine and silky powder that can be blended to a flawless, natural finish or layered for a brighter, dramatic look. It is described as a 'light,bright,blue pink' all of which I agree with but would say that the blue undertones are not very noticeable so most skin tones could wear this shade easily:)
BENEFIT THE PORE-FESSIONAL PRIMER
It's basically lightweight, oil free, translucent and silky. I love to use this as my primer just on my T-zone. It really gives a perfect base for my foundation to sit and really reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores.
MAC FIX SPRAY
Its my skin refresher! I love it! This is brilliant to give you a dewy look either before or after your foundation. I have also used this with my eyeshadow to give a stronger pigmented look. I applied a tiny amount to my eyeshadow brush and applied my eyeshadow,it makes the colour so vivid and intense!
So that's all the products I'm using at the minute to achieve a flawless skin look. I've lots of Mac in there but I do change it up now and again when I discover a new brand or product. I love trying out new products all the time!
Hope you enjoyed it, I'm off to catchup on some Gossip Girl now Anna X
Well we've done it! Finally set up a blog on our website
To start our first blog post, I've decided to keep it simple with 10 Facts about the Beauty Suite!
1. Anna opened the doors of The Beauty Suite in 2007 aged 21. A little nervous but determined to make it work with a little hard work! Obsessed with all things beauty, I couldn't imagine doing anything else:)
2. Ewa is the nail tech at The Beauty Suite with over 15 years experience. Her nails are complete perfection and a work of art. Check out our nail pics on facebook,instagram & Twitter!Amazing!!!
3. Grainne is Anna's right hand woman, an amazing beauty therapist, perfectionist and makeup addict! With over 10 years experience within the beauty industry Grainne has a large clientele and continuously keeps up to date with the latest treatments and technology, so she offers the best to her clients:) Everyone loves Grainne
4. We have had the pleasure of welcoming some of Irelands Well known faces for treatments at The Beauty Suite. Such as Suzanne Jackson of so sue me, models, beauty editors from Image & U magazine and many more...
5. We are trained Hd Brow Stylists since 2012 and to say we are a little obsessed with brows since is definitely an understatement!
6. We were the first Clinic in Ireland to introduce the Candela GentleLASE PRO laser hair removal system
earlier this year. And we are looking forward to being treated by candela to a trip to London in the near future for extensive training at an exclusive clinic!
7.We ran a very successful Masterclass Make up event in October last year with the one and only Tara O Farrell 'Tara Makeup'. And since then we have been doing our best to recreate Tara's amazing makeup looks and have taken on board all she taught us about makeup application etc. We need to arrange another one of these soon!
8. We have also had loads of fun having lots of AIR time over the last year with Suzanne Kane on 4 fm. Giving tips and advice on all things beauty related:)
9. We were amongst 6 finalists in 2012 to become Ireland VIP Spray Tanner. We love our spray tans at The Beauty Suite, some of our fav brands we stock are vita liberata, laurens way, vani-t, crazy angel and karora.
10. We love our clients, without you we wouldn't be doing the job we love. Thank you for keeping us so busy and we really are thankful for your continued support and loyalty.XXX